Search Sparty Sports

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

MSU Hockey Update

I haven't really mentioned the icers since before Thanksgiving, so I figured I'd give a brief update. They lost a couple bad ones to WCHA/Big Ten foes Wisconsin and Minnesota, 7-3 and 2-1 respectively. Since those weren't conference games, I didn't really feel the need to comment. However, they bounced back last weekend with a win and an overtime loss against Northern Michigan up in Marquette.

This coming week the Spartans play a home-and-home against a Bowling Green squad that has struggled to say the least so far this season. The Falcons have only two wins so far, both being in-conference. I'm not saying they're a puff team, but it would be nice to see Corey Tropp put a couple past Bowling Green's Nick Eno to get the scoring going. MSU currently sits second in the CCHA, behind the #1 ranked Miami Redhawks, with 23 points and a CCHA record of 7-3-2.

No comments:

Post a Comment